Stage 2A Paciente
Hi Betsy, sorry to hear your struggling, it is hard once you've had your diagnosis because it can never be taken back, so you live with thoughts. Everybody deals with their diagnosis differently and there is no right or wrong way to do so, your feelings are completely natural and normal. I have dealt with my cancer with a huge smile on my face and a what will be will be attitude, it does not mean that this is the right way, it's just my way! The things that have helped me be positive are the following thoughts and minds set.
1. I can't change the fact I have cancer so I can deal with it with a smile or I can worry and be sad and disrupt my life far more, but my story will have to be the same ending no matter which reaction I choose.....so I choose to smile.
2. If I think about it everyday it won't change anything, I'll just be wasting more of my precious time and happiness on cancer, I refuse to give it any more time than I have to and it deserves!
3. Since I have been diagnosed with cancer I am now so well monitored that should there be any problems or further difficulties, I have a better chance of it being sorted than the general population.
4. I may be sore, I may be tired and I may have a very long journey ahead of me but I still here to make that journey and that means I'm wining this battle and cancer is losing.
5. If it comes back, I'll deal with it again and next time I'll have inside information. I will not waste my life worrying about something that may never come back. Should the worse happen.......I'm going my way, with my rules not on cancers terms.
All I can say is you are now 7 months post treatment, it will soon be 7 years then 17 years......enjoy them and show cancer that it picked the wrong person. You have done amazing, you should feel so proud of yourself for being such strong woman and getting to where you are now.
As for the pink everywhere, can get a bit much (I even found pink milk the other day?!!!) just think, the pink, makes pounds which pays for great cancer research, which helps all of us..........I'm still not drinking the milk though!!